Last Updated on: 26th November 2021, 09:46 am
An Apparel company has to woo its customers to stunning visuals of their products. There are primarily two platforms that provide the visual experience customers need – Instagram, Pinterest. Today, in this blog, we are going to discuss the Pinterest social media channel.
For the most part, apparel businesses have to flaunt their products to their customers to make sales. Pinterest is an excellent place for the product photos to make a statement that gives that initial traction that fashion industries need. The survey suggests that visitors from Pinterest are 10% more likely to buy the product. Nearly all big fashion brands are running successful campaigns on Pinterest and Instagram.
Here are some best ways to incorporate Pinterest into your marketing campaign:
1. Using the Pinterest Button:
The first thing you should do is to make way for your users to spread your word. And the easiest way for brand awareness and sales is by adding the ‘Pin’ button to your website.
It is where users can pin the photos of your products to their public Pinterest boards. Your customers would love it when an actual person endorses your product.
How to Take over your competitors? Increased Buying!
Schedule a free consultation
2. Business Account and Product Boards:
The next step would be to create your account both for yourself and your brand. You can run your Pinterest campaign both as an individual user as well as a company. With your account, you can choose to pin images of things that inspire you, and the business account will have pictures of everything related to your business.
You can then create a ‘Smart’ board, i.e., you could have each board with a different theme. For example, you can create a board for shirts, another for trousers, another for leather products, and more such.
It could also be for contemporary design, classic design, pop culture, and everything you can think of. It helps your readers to find everything they need in one place.
Do you have printers? Are those printers sitting idle?
Become a Print-on-Demand dropshipping app like Printful or Printify. Dropship your merchants' orders.
Unlimited Merchant stores. Dropship and Fulfil Merchants' orders. Manage merchant invoice, sales commission, etc. Merchants sell the designed products in shopify, etsy stores, etc.Know more
3. Add Price To Images:
For all your items in stock, you should add the price to help online users find and purchase your product. It suggests that you will need a Pinterest handler who regularly updates your product’s price and availability on your board.
4. Inspire Like a Fashion Brand:
People usually come to Pinterest to get visual inspiration. Your images should not just be about the product but also an inspiration or contribution to the fashion industry.
You could create your product ensemble photos. You could also inspire other accessories such as wristwatches, cufflinks, ties, and other fashion accessories, even if it’s not in your product line.
5. Other Things You Can Do:
- Create Testimonial Board – You could share screenshots of the testimonials sent by your customers.
- Hashtags(#) – Make use of hashtags to make your products more search-friendly. You could also use the popular hashtag and even create your signature hashtags.
- Contest – You could try promoting your product by hosting a contest online, and later you could post the image of the users who won the contest.
We strongly suggest that you hire professional Pinterest marketing personnel who can manage and run your campaign.
6. Here are Some Pinterest Marketing Stats You Should Know:
- Nearly 250 million people use Pinterest each month
- Over 81% of women in the US are aged between 25 to 54
- Almost 34% of American Pinterest users are between 18 to 49
- Over 50% of new sign-ups in 2019 were men
- Almost 80% of new sign-ups are from outside the US
- Over 80% of Pinterest users are mobile users
- Almost 98% of users would try out the ideas they find on Pinterest
- Over 60% of millennials have purchased products online through Pinterest
- Almost 78% of users say that images from different fashion brands are useful to them
7. Using Pinterest for Business:
- Create a Pinterest business account
- Complete your Pinterest profile
- Claim your business website
- Create your board and pin images
- Edit board and add other social media extensions
8. Pinterest Best Practices:
- Share only the best ideas (inspiration and actionable)
- Search and follow your audiences
- Use unique images
- Always use high-quality or high-resolution images
- Add copy content with images
- Build your brand
- User multiple images
- Use well-researched keywords
- Provide helpful descriptions
- Add relevant hashtags
- Use links to your website and other pages
- Follow the trend
- Join group boards
- Optimize board for search
- Start video campaign
Pinterest has long been a primary choice as a social media platform for the fashion industry. Today, Instagram is another significant player. Many people come to Pinterest looking for information and inspiration, that is why it is more actionable than Instagram.
It’s worth mentioning that making communication should be the first aim of running social media campaigns than making sales.