Last Updated on: 9th January 2022, 07:21 pm
The traditional way of customized business without business card designer software is too frustrating for today’s new entrepreneurs. At the same time, physical stores are becoming obsolete.
There are many reasons why the traditional way is so frustrating to customers:
- Time-consuming: most customers are business owners who have to keep aside some time from their busy schedule to go to a print shop and order their business cards. This demands a lot more time from the customers, which is off-putting.
- Discouraging: Ordering a custom business card is truly discouraging for busy entrepreneurs who prefer to shop online.
- Expensive Process: Even a simple design such as the company logo and name on a business card cost a lot when it’s done by experienced designers.
- Cannot Make Changes: Hiring a designer to create your design is pretty stiff as there is no room for flexibility. Once the design is done, you have to pay the designer again if you need changes.
- Repeat Work: For as many iterations of the design, the customer has to physically go to the store to give the updated design.
- Frustrating Experience: If the design is not up to the print standard or not in the right format for printing business cards, the print shop will return the design for changes and it usually goes back and forth a few times before it is finalized.
- Cannot Have Rush Orders: With a physical store placing an order, processing the order and delivery takes more time than online orders as most of the work is done manually.
Frustrated Print shops/Decorators:
- Few Customer Reach: Being a physical store, most business card printers rarely get orders and on top of that they get customers only from their limited reach of area.
- Lost Sales: Most printers lose sales because customers are not willing to get it printed from a store because of the long and tedious process.
- Sales are Seasonal: Business card printers are only able to make big sales when businesses are on a big event or are going on a trade show which happens only a couple of times a year.
- Unnecessary Effort to Convince Customer: printers have to compete against other print shops so they have to hire additional professionals to educate the customers and take care of the other tasks in the process.
- No Sales on Holidays: as physical stores stay closed on holidays, this is when they lose a lot of sales because most business owners opt to print their business cards on weekends and holidays.
- Time-Consuming: Before actually processing the order the business card printer sends and receives the designs, artwork and other customer information back and forth before finalizing.
- Lost Branding Opportunity: Rarely does a physical store make an impression on their customer and even if they did, they don’t have the opportunity to do targeted marketing as it is for online stores. This is how the print shops lose their branding opportunity.
Swamped Art Dept:
- Customer Dependency: Customers are unaware of the process for which the art department has to deal with their shortcomings and have to spend time incorrectly formatting the designs for printing.
- Receive Frequent Unprintable Designs: The art department is flooded with faulty designs, incomplete artwork and unprintable low-resolution images.
- Tedious Process: Multiple iterations of the design are done before finalization and at every step, the store is dependent on the customer for confirmation. This quickly turns into a long and tedious process.
- Our lost Orders: The tedious process sometimes discourages entrepreneurs and they drop their order midway.
Lost (Sales + Time + Resources):
Print shops lose sales through multiple channels in the traditional way
- New business card printers lose sales because of the other established competitors in the area.
- With a physical store, the business card printers only have a limited reach to the customers in the area.
- Ordering from a physical store is often a long and tedious process that discourages entrepreneurs to shop from a store and instead of going for online stores.
- Most customers are unaware of the printing process and its requirements which is why they send low-quality artworks which after being printed the customers are unsatisfied and ask for returns.
- This makes customers lose trust in the brand, even if it’s for the incomplete knowledge of the customers.
- Physical stores have to stay closed during weekends and holidays when the demand is higher.
- Because the prints are sent back and forth multiple times manually, this tedious process oftentimes makes customers drop the order midway.
- Print shops get sales only from the customers who have the time to go through the complete process and lose sales to the new entrepreneurs who prefer to shop online.
There are many ways physical print stores lose ties
How to Take over your competitors? Increased Buying!
Schedule a free consultation
- Print shops lose time in the long and tedious manual process of finalizing the designs.
- Many times the shop is ideal because there are no continuous orders.
- Manually taking orders often leads to miscommunication for which sometimes customers are dissatisfied and ask for returns which is a complete waste of time and resources.
- The workflow in a physical print shop is manual, which takes up a lot of time for repetitive work.
- Time is lost in taking and processing orders manually.
- Physical business card printing stores operate a lot of work manually for which print shops have to hire additional professionals.
- Many man-hours were lost in the process of finalizing the design and processing the orders manually.
- Many print equipment and resources are lost because of returned or discarded orders.
- Physical stores have to create additional space for customers because they can’t take online orders.
- You need special professionals to explain the print process to inexperienced customers.
- Avg. income per hour = ~$250
- Avg. income per 8 hour = ~$2,000
- Potential $ lost during closed hours = ~$4,000/day
- Additional man-hours to run the store = ~$500/day
- Avg. loss of money due to returns = ~$250/day
Total avg. money lost = ~$4,750/day or ~$142,500/month
The primary disadvantage of the traditional way is that the physical stores are not able to impress their customers and lack branding opportunities for which they rarely get repeat customers. The manual process of taking orders is unorganized for which they are always in a rush and this turns into a vicious loop and an everyday tedious process.
How Business Card Designer Software Fixes Your Problems?
- 80% of today’s customers prefer to shop online. This makes it very important for business card printers to have a digital presence.
- Having an eCommerce store with a business card designer tool will enable print shops to capture a larger audience outside their niche area.
- Online stores enable print shops to stay open to customers 24/7 and take orders even during holidays.
- The online presence also makes it easier for businesses to market online and run several online campaigns to reach more customers and get repeat sales.
- Online business card designer tools come with multiple features that automate many repetitive tasks.
- Customers will be able to customize business cards on their mobile phone without wasting time going to a physical store.
- Social media presence facilitates online print shops to reach over 1 billion potential leads who are online.
- Print shops can run social media campaigns to target relevant leads and specific customers to boost sales.
- Online stores can send their ads to thousands of customers in seconds.
- Businesses can connect to customers at a personal level for better market research.
Customer reach to multiple demographics:
- Take your business to your full potential by going online with business card designer software. Moreover, reaching a wider market share beyond your demographics.
- Take your business global and take orders from different time zones.
Online Business Expansion:
- In a few clicks reach a wider market and expand your business to your full potential.
- The online presence will bring you to the limelight of many other businesses in your niche, which gives you the opportunity of business partnership.
- Run accurate market research by connecting with your customers directly through social media and other online campaigns.
- Use online business card designer software to easily set up multiple stores in multiple languages and themes depending on your location.
By now it’s obvious that integrating a business card customizer tool will significantly increase your sales.
Do you have printers? Are those printers sitting idle?
Become a Print-on-Demand dropshipping app like Printful or Printify. Dropship your merchants' orders.
Unlimited Merchant stores. Dropship and Fulfil Merchants' orders. Manage merchant invoice, sales commission, etc. Merchants sell the designed products in shopify, etsy stores, etc.Know more
- Because the customers design their own products, they will value the product highly and you will get fewer returns and unhappy customers.
- Online designer tools are interactive and easy to use, which the customers can order from the comfort of their homes. This will have a positive impression on the brand and you will get repeat sales.
- You are now able to take orders even during holidays and weekends and all orders are processed automatically, so you can take orders 24/7.
- Boost sales with online campaigns such as email campaigns, Google ads, social media ads, etc.
- Online business card designer software automates most of the tasks for which all orders organized well and you are able to produce more products than usual.
- As most of the work is automated there is little human involvement, so there are fewer errors and mistakes.
- Online designer apps enable you to integrate many other business tools and apps to run your store smoothly and increase productivity.
- Features such as low-resolution warning enable businesses to quickly resolve the issue of faulty images. It eliminates the lengthy process of sending back and forth the designs.
- Business card printers get print-ready files that are well organized to make printing easier.
- Pricing, taxes, and shipping already mentioned in the store, which eliminates any misunderstanding between the print shop and customer.
- Impress your customers with predefined templates for the faster ordering process.
- With the bleed mark and safe zone feature, there is little chance of error from the customers.
- Design save features enables busy entrepreneurs to make their designs in their free time and enables them to reorder later with a few clicks.
- As most of the work is automated and organized, you need less manpower to accomplish the same amount of work.
- You don’t have to hire additional sales personnel to explain the customers, as the online process is self-explanatory.
- With the option of online branding, you need a few field marketing professionals.
- Avg. income per hour = ~$750
- The avg. income per 24 hour = ~$28,000
- Avg. loss of money due to returns = ~$250/day
Total avg. money earned = ~$15500/day or ~$465,000/month
No Artwork Mistakes:
- Low-Resolution Warning – Business card designer tool automatically notifies customers if the uploaded image is of low resolution or is unprintable.
- Artwork approval – Auto artwork approval speeds up the process of finalizing the artwork before production.
- Customer communication portal – It directly connects the production team to the customers to help them resolve artwork errors and finalize the designs.
- The business card designer app comes with a quotation feature that facilitates businesses to accept bulk orders.
- Online business card designer tools automatically produce print-ready files which makes production easier.
- Automate the process or taxes, shipping, with integrated apps.
- Customers love the shopping experience for which you get more repeat sales.
- Customers create exactly what they want, hence they would value their product highly.
- Easy artwork approval makes ordering hassle-free and fast.
- Most satisfied customers mean fewer returns and loss of resources.
- Takes little time from design to production to delivery.
- Get lots of reviews from multiple channels.
- Show your customer testimonials to new users.
- Get more positive reviews online and 5-star ratings.
Finally, having an online presence opens up the opportunity to reach thousands of customers, boost sales, improve your branding and easily turn your store into an established business.
Therefore, to manage your business remotely from the backend admin. Create social media campaigns, run paid ads and reach your businesses’ full potential.